Driver Licence Appeals
An effective driver licence appeals can overturn a harsh decision and get your licence back.
You normally only get one chance at a driver licence appeal, so it's important that your lawyer is experienced in these matters.
Driver Licence Appeal Lawyers
Sydney Criminal Lawyers are experts in driver licence appeals.
We have a long & proven track record of successfully appealing RMS (former RTA) and police suspensions and will accurately advise you of your chances of success.
We can guide you on the preparation of materials - such as character references - and will fight hard to ensure that you keep your licence or get it back.
We offer fixed fees for driver licence appeals (see our 'fixed fees page') and guarantee that a Senior Lawyer will represent you in court.
When You Can Appeal
You can appeal against a driver licence suspension when:
- You are issued with an 'on the spot' suspension by police eg for mid or high range p.c.a., drive recklessly/furious/in a manner dangerous or at a speed dangerous;
- You are issued an RMS (former RTA) suspension for exceeding the speed limit by over 30kph or over 45kph;
- You are a P plate licence holder and are issued with a demerit points suspension;
- You are a full driver licence holder and wish to plead 'not guilty' to the offence that caused your demerit points suspension; and
- You are a full licence holder and wish to plead 'guilty' to the offence that caused your demerit point suspension, but your lawyer asks the court not to record a conviction.
Time Limit for Appeals
You must lodge an Appeal within 28 days of receiving the RMS Notification Letter or, if you did not receive the letter, within 28 days of finding out you are suspended.
What should I do next?
Benefit from our Expertise. Trust in our Experience. Service 24hrs 7 days a week. Call 02 9261 8881.